Prepare your VOD catalogue for broadcast-quality streaming
OTT file encoding with Genova File: Get your VOD catalogue ready for broadcast-quality streaming
Genova File – a software-based encoder for preparing on-demand content for OTT video streaming – enables 4K HEVC OTT file encoding. It compresses video and audio files to H.264 and HEVC, and encodes content in SD, HD and 4K / UHD with HDR. Furthermore, if your architecture requires it, Genova File can include an OTT packager to push your content to third-party CDNs.
Genova File also has a modular architecture, which makes it suitable for running on a variety of platforms. In fact, it can run on a physical server, or on a private or public Cloud, with virtualisation or Docker containerisation. It is also easy to adopt: you can remotely manage and monitor it, and seamlessly integrate it within existing content-processing workflows.
Benefits of Genova File:
- Protects your investment with future-proof, upgradable software
- Enables broadcast-quality streaming: it encodes to H.264 and HEVC 10-bit, up to 4K / UHD
- Improves scalability and elasticity: it can run on virtual machines or on containers (as well as on COTS servers)
- Watch folder mechanism to automatically process files
- Automatic allocation of transcoding nodes